I have been on a major hunt for YEARS to find a good chocolate shake recipe without banana. I’m not a huge chocolate and banana fan, and so I did a bunch of research and looked through dozens of recipes and came up with this one. It is delicious, so nutritious, and tastes just like a Wendy’s frosty!
The dates in this recipe add sweetness without a blood sugar spike, the almond butter and protein keep you full and give you lots of energy and the fat in the almond butter and collagen support healthy brain function.
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 Tbls of almond butter
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbls of Cacao powder
- 2 scoops of Ancient Nutrition bone broth collagen, chocolate flavor
- 1/2 scoop of Amazing Grass protein superfood, rich chocolate flavor
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups of ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed
- If the shake is too thick, add more almond milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached
These are the two proteins I have at my house that are non-dairy, but you could substitute for any chocolate-flavored protein.