I am always on the lookout for nutrient-packed recipes, and this one that I have adapted from The Doctors Kitchen is amazing! It is super easy to make, and I love cooking in cast iron because it gives everything a great flavor, a nice crisp edge, and adds a little bit of much needed iron to whatever you’re cooking!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Medium-sized parsnip
- 3 carrots, cut into sticks
- 10 ounces of multi-colored potatoes
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp of fresh herbs (mint, coriander or parsley)
- 2 Tbsp of Tahini
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Prepare your parsnips, carrot, and potatoes by cutting the parsnips and carrot into roughly 5cm long sticks and halving the potatoes to make sure all the vegetables are all approximately the same size.
- Pop all the veggies into a large baking tray along with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and all the spices and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, remove from the oven.
- Pour tahini and drizzle over roasted vegetables.
- Finish the vegetables with the pomegranate seeds, fresh herbs, and pumpkin seeds